Truck/Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Causes of Truck Accidents
Accidents involving large trucks are not uncommon. Some are unavoidable, but a great many are due to driver negligence. Frequent causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver distraction
- Driver fatigue
- Mechanical failure such as brakes, warning lights, and other safety features
- Failure of driver to recognize blind spots
- Driving while under the influence
- Failure of driver to follow federal and/or state regulations mandated for operators of large trucks
- Inadequate training/experience
- Overloaded or improperly loaded cargo
- Wide turns
Who is Responsible?
In many instances, the truck driver may not be directly at fault when an accident occurs. Our accident attorneys can help you determine who is most responsible for the conditions that ultimately led to the crash. The responsible party may include:
- Truck maintenance and repair companies
- Shipping and receiving clients
- Trucking companies
- Insurance companies
Handling a claim in a truck crash case requires sophisticated investigation to maximize the value of the claim and to deliver a message to the truckers about safety on the highways. Too often, truckers drive for excessive hours at excessive speeds with reckless disregard for the rights of other travelers on the highway.
If you’ve been injured in a New York City car or truck accident, you can sue to recover the money you lost due to your injury. Besides your injuries, you should not have to suffer financial loss because of the negligence of a car or truck driver. Car and truck accidents can happen in a variety of ways. Whether it’s a car and truck colliding together, or a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorcyclist being hit by a car or truck, serious accidents occur every day. It’s happening all over New York City.
Determining the compensation owed to a plaintiff in a New York car or truck accident case can vary widely, which is why you need an experienced New York City personal injury attorney. Damages from lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and loss of quality of life are taken into account during a car or truck accident injury case, as well as the severity of the injury.
We Specialize in the Following:
- Victims of drunk driving accidents
- Injuries caused by a driverunder the influence of drugs or medications
- Victims of car and truck accidents caused by a driver’s failure to yield
- Injuries from rollover accidents
- Victims hurt or injured by a driver falling asleep at the wheel
- Injuries caused by a distracted driver using a cell phone while driving
If you or a member of your family has suffered a car or truck accident in the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Rockland, Westchester, Long Island, Nassau County or Suffolk County you need an experienced New York City personal injury lawyer.